What is Matcha?
Also known as “powdered tea”, matcha is green tea leaves that are grinded until they form into a fine powder. This powder does not need to be steeped or strained. Therefore, matcha will give the full effects of antioxidants, vitamins, and caffeine that a regular cup of green tea cannot offer.
The taste of matcha is uniquely strong. It will give an initial herbal, grass taste but will follow by a lingering sweetness. Even when added as an ingredient, the matcha powder will provide a lasting green tea taste.
This recipe offers Tea Zone’s Matcha Green Tea Powder as an added ingredient to Big Train’s Cookies ‘N Crème frappe. This will give a customer’s favorite treat an added caffeine bonus that will have them coming back for more.
- 8 tbsp. of Big Train Cookies N’ Crème Mix
- 1 tbsp. of Tea Zone Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 5 oz. of milk
- 12 oz. of ice
- Optional:Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Hot Fudge
- Put milk and ice into a blender.
- Add Big Train Cookies ‘N Crème Mix and Tea Zone Matcha Green Tea Powder
- Drizzle Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Hot Fudge around cup.
- Pour frappe into cup.
Recipe Yields: 1 glass of Cookies N’ Matcha Frappe