Pineapple Teriyaki Shrimp Skewers
Pineapple teriyaki shrimp skewers are an easy way to bring the tropical islands home to you. Simple ingredients really bring this recipe together making it versatile and healthy.
The savory tangy teriyaki compliments the refreshing pineapple taste making it hard not to get hooked on this dish. The best part about these shrimp skewers is that they are Keto friendly and relatively healthy so you don’t have to feel guilty about eating more than one.
The easiest part about this recipe is that you don’t have to worry about finding the freshest pineapple at the store. Tea Zone takes care of that with our syrups. Tea Zone Pineapple Syrup is guaranteed to make sure you get a delicious tasting pineapple flavor made from natural ingredients.
Pineapple teriyaki shrimp skewers can be made for many different reasons. Bring them to your next potluck, appetizer party or turn them into a complete meal by serving on top of rice. These skewers are going to be the next big hit at your next function.
For added fun serve in a hollowed out pineapple!
Pineapple Teriyaki Shrimp Skewer Recipe
- 1 lb. large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 cup teriyaki marinade
- 1 1/5 oz. Tea Zone Pineapple Syrup
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tea spoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped green onions
- 1/2 large Red Onion, cut into 1″ squares
- 1 lb. of pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Garnish: 1 table spoon of Cilantro
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the teriyaki marinade, Tea Zone Pineapple Syrup, black pepper, and salt. Reserve 1/2 cup of the marinade mixture to use as a glaze.
- Pour the finished marinade over the shrimp and toss to coat. Allow to marinate at least 1 hour prior to cooking.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers alternately with pineapple and red onion chunks.
- Grill about 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp is pink with the marinade throughout cooking.
- Optional: Serve on cilantro, pineapple-lime rice and garnish with cilantro.