Chai French Toast Recipe With Oregon Chai
Whether you’re creating a brunch spread Martha Stewart would be proud of, or trying out a new breakfast item with the kids; this french toast recipe is a sure fire way to get people talking and coming back for more. This twist on the breakfast classic is light, airy and packed with delicious flavor. You’ll find yourself perking up even more with a breakfast like this, Chai Tea Latte Concentrate has the same amount of caffeine as a cup of black tea!
Let us know how yours turned out!
Approx. Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Oregon Chai The Original™ Chai Tea Latte Concentrate
- 1/2 cup 2% Milk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. Flour
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 12 slices Thick-sliced French bread
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk until fluffy.
- In a blender, combine Original Chai Tea Latte concentrate, milk, flour, and eggs. Blend on high until frothy. Be sure that the flour is well combined.
- Pour back into shallow bowl.
- Heat a large griddle to medium hot.
- Melt about 1/2 T. of butter on the hot griddle.
- Dip bread slices in milk-chai mixture so that each side is coated well.
- Place the bread onto the hot pan and cook 2-3 minutes per side or until each side is golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining pieces of bread. (Melt more butter as needed for remaining pieces.)
Check out more of our recipes and the entire line of Oregon Chai Products at our store! Click here to check it out.